Here are my favorite images that I have taken through 2013. One for each month. It is great to go back through a years worth of images and relive the memories for each time the photo’s were taken.
2013 has been an amazing year for me photographically speaking, it has seen a shift away from Dslr use to more Mirrorless use with my Fuji x series cameras and lenses. I have also:
- Won my first photo competitions this year and had some images highly commended by the judges in other competitions.
- Shot my first wedding, which was stressful and not really the route I wish to go down but necessity may change that later.
- Won my first major commission which was very fulfilling to deliver (and profitable too)
- Became a contributing photographer to the excellent Arcangel Images creative photo library, and they continue to accept my work, which is excellent.
- Had my work published in an international photographic magazine
- Acquired an Infra Red converted camera and had lots of fun
- Shot my first studio session and tried to learn the dark art of Speedlites
2014 holds a massive change for me, as my family and I are in the process of emigrating to New Zealand. We will be there by the end of January 2014, and this will require me to attempt to work full-time as a professional photographer, setting up my own business and jumping in at the deep end. The move will also see a significant change in subject matter for me to shoot for personal work, as there is little historical architecture in New Zealand, nor much industrial dereliction, which I always find a great source of inspiration.
I would like to thank all my followers for their comments and encouragement over the last year.
I hope 2014 will be a happy and successful year for us all.
On with the images: